What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture, Chinese massage (tuina), Chinese fitotherapy, moxibústión, suction cups – all of these techniques are parts of the Traditional Chinese Medicine (MTC). Together, they work to treat illnesses or pain, from regular head aches to circulation problems, digestive problems, respiratory malfunctions, gynecological diseases, infertility problems etc.
How acupuncture works:
More and more people turn to acupuncture to improve the overall health and to solve their specific health issues. Numerous reliable scientific research now support what many of us already knew and have read about in the popular press; that acupuncture does work!
Daily stress, the lifestyle choices and injuries that upset our natural balance often lead to physical and emotional symptoms. By identifying the root cause of the symptoms, Antonio uses very fine needles to, with no pain, activate specific energy points of the body to help bring the body and mind back to health. Magnetic resonance imaging shows that acupuncture triggers the body’s healing process by calming the central nervous system, regulating hormones and release endorphins, the natural substances in our body that are anti pain.
What can acupuncture treat?
The most common problems treated successfully include:
• Pain – sports injuries, back pain, knee pain, sciatica, frozen shoulder, stiff neck, arthritis.
• digestive disorders, indigestion, bloating, heartburn, nausea, constipation
• Stress, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addictions, dizziness, vertigo.
• menstrual disorders and menopausal hot flashes, painful periods, polycystic ovarian syndrome.
• Fertility – including IVF support.
• Headaches and migraines.
• Skin conditions – eczema, asthma, psoriasis, acne, etc.